Six things to evaluate when selecting your pest control service
When you’re choosing a pest control company, there are six important factors you need to consider – especially if you have children, pets, or other vulnerable people in your house.
You want the service to be affordable, but more importantly, you want it to be effective and safe.
This is especially important when you’re dealing with pests that can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage, contaminate your food and get you sick, or inflict a venomous bite that could hurt or kill you or your children.
In this blog post, we’re going to give you six of the most important criteria you need to look for when you’re choosing a pest control company.
Here’s what you need to look at during your pest control evaluation:
- Are they knowledgeable about the type of pest you have?
Different types of infestations require different solutions.
If you want your pest problem to be removed quickly and thoroughly, you need to choose someone who’s successfully dealt with this species before, or who was at least trained by someone who has.
- Are the solutions they use safe for children, pets, and people with medical problems?
Some pest control options can be dangerous to children, people with medical conditions or pets who could fall victim to traps or poisons meant for other animals.
Because of this, it’s vital to choose pest control professionals who are conscientious about the health and safety of their more vulnerable clients.
- What do their past clients say about them?
Do they have testimonials on their website or directory profiles?
Have any of their past clients given them permission to let you call them so they can tell you about the service they received?
- Do they try to convince you that you need them for EVERYTHING?
Some infestations require trained professionals to get rid of them, especially if the pests are numerous, dangerous, resilient, or in a hard-to-reach place. But some minor pest control problems can be handled with do-it-yourself methods, and an ethical professional will make you aware of this before charging you for their services.
There may be instances where you choose to get help for an infestation you could have dealt with yourself, because you have better things to do with your time, or you just don’t want the hassle. Or you might choose to spend some time to save some money by doing it yourself.
Either way, your pest control expert should make you aware of your options, so you can make an informed decision.
- Do they only offer solutions to the current infestation, or do they help you prevent future ones as well?
If unwanted animals have gotten established in your building, it could be that the conditions that enabled that to happen will still exist after the current invaders are removed.
If that’s the case, your pest control experts should tell you how you can secure your property against future infestations. If they don’t do that, you’re likely to end up with the same problem again.
- Do they lock you into a monthly contract for a long term?
Monthly treatments might sound good at first blush. But how many pests do you see in January? And why do you have to lock in for two or more years to get affordable service rates?
Question recommendations for monthly service over the winter months when you talk to the person giving you the pest control proposal.
When selecting a pest control company, choose one that:
- Has successfully dealt with the species that have infested your property before.
- Is careful to choose methods that won’t harm you or your family, especially the most vulnerable members.
- Has positive reviews or testimonials from past clients.
- Gives you all the data you need to make an informed decision, even if that means you choose not to hire them for a situation that doesn’t actually need professional help, rather than tricking you into buying services you don’t need.
- Helps you prevent future infestations, instead of dealing with the current one and then letting it happen again.
- Does not oversell you services you do not need.
Are we the right pest control company for you? Let’s book a consultation and find out!
At Boo’s Bug Stoppers, our goal is to provide the best pest and rodent control service in Western PA. We strive for your complete satisfaction and peace of mind, and we back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
You should never have to worry about whether or not your pest control issue has been thoroughly and effectively eliminated. We pledge to continue working until it’s gone and to help you prevent it from coming back.
If you have a pest problem that you want to get rid of, and you want a fast and effective solution at an outstanding price, visit this page to get a free inspection and quote from our pest control experts today!